Yoga is a combination of mental, spiritual and physical practices, which together enhance the strength and flexibility of the human body. It boosts immunity, increases flexibility, improves posture, and maintains your weight.
Yoga also helps ease tension, stress, and anxiety, which are major reasons of concern in today’s busy and hectic life. For maintaining a healthy heart, body and soul, try a few of these simple yoga asanas at home-
1. Tadasana – Want to improve your posture? Then this asana is for you. Tadasana not only effectively improves your posture but also helps in relieving you of digestive problems, strengthens the leg, knee, and ankle, along with reducing obesity. This also stretches all the nerves and improves blood flow in your body.
How to do: Stand straight and place your legs slightly apart. Let your hands lay along the side of your body. Lift your arms upwards and stretch your hand. Then slowly raise your heels, get on your toes and pull your body upwards. After sometime breathe out slowly and come to the original position. Repeat the same slowly 5 times.
2. Vrikshasana - Looking to improve your concentration levels? Vrikshasana helps you enhance your concentration, along with leaving you feeling refreshed and rejuvenated. It also tones up the leg muscles and improves your balance.
How to do: The position of the body needs to like tree in this asana. Stand straight and slowly bend your right leg and place your right sole high on your left thigh. Make sure your left leg is straight. Once you are able to balance yourself on a single leg, raise your hands above your head, join the palms and hold the pose. Slowly bring your leg down and repeat the same on the other side.
3. Padmasana - Want to relax your mind? Try Padmasana! Along with making you feel calm and relaxed, this also reduces tension in your muscles, improves digestion and brings your blood pressure under control.
How to do: Sit on the floor with your legs stretched out. Slowly bend your right knee and place your right foot on your left thigh. Do the same with your left leg. With both legs crossed on your opposite thighs, ensure your backbone is straight and erect. Place your arms on your knees and gently breathe in and out.
4. Vajrasana - Have digestive problems? Then try Vajrasana to help solve not only digestive issues, but also make your knee and ankle joints flexible, along with enhancing memory power and concentration.
How to do: Kneel down on the floor with your ankles and toes touching the ground, and make sure your toes are stretched backwards. Keep the head, neck and spine in a straight line, with palms facing up, placed on your thighs. Take slow deep breaths and then relax and stretch out your legs.
5. Dhanurasana – Want to strengthen your back and abdominal muscles? Try Dhanurasana or the Bow pose. This helps open up the chest, along with strengthening and making the back muscles flexible. It also serves as a great stress buster.
How to do: Lie down on your stomach with your arms by the side of your body. Fold your knees and hold up the ankles with your hand. Breathe in, lift your chest off the floor, and slowly rock in the same position. Your body now will look like a bow. After a few seconds, slowly exhale and gently bring your chest and legs back to the floor. Let your ankles fall free and then relax.
Take care of your mind, body and soul this International Yoga Day for a better and healthy tomorrow.
Enjoy exclusive discount rate up to 55% on Yoga Sessions with Sarva Yoga. Know more - https://bit.ly/2HEkFoT
Get 30% Discount with your Equitas Visa Debit Card on Talwalkar’s Annual Fitness Plan. Know more - https://bit.ly/2DNTXLA
Stay Healthy! Stay Wealthy!