Atal Pension Yojana (APY)
The scheme is administered by PFRDA through National Pension System Architecture. The Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority, a statutory body, is the pension regulator of India which was established by Government of India in 2003 and was authorized by Ministry of Finance, Department of Financial Services. NSDL e-Gov (National Securities Depository Limited) acts as a Central Recordkeeping Agency under NPS.
Atal Pension Yojana (APY) Highlights:
- Guaranteed minimum monthly pension ranging between Rs. 1000 and Rs. 5000 per month.
- This is payable to spouse (default nominee) after death of subscriber. Return of indicative pension wealth payable to nominees after death of spouse.
- If the actual returns on pension contribution are higher, then member will get higher pension. Upside benefits are passed onto subscribers and downward risk is absorbed by GoI.
- Any Indian citizen between 18-40 years holding a bank savings account may join APY by filling a one page form.
- Aadhaar will be the primary KYC. Mobile number is recommended to be obtained.
- Accumulation through Auto debit (Monthly/Quarterly/Half Yearly)
- Delayed contribution is payable with nominal overdue interest which shall be part of the corpus. Pension opted may be changed to higher/lower amount during the month of April.
- In case of a voluntary exit, the pension wealth (subscriber contribution + returns) is paid to the subscriber with applicable deduction of charges Unique Features:
- An acknowledgement slip is provided to subscribers with details like minimum guaranteed pension amount, due date of contribution payment, PRAN number etc.
- Pension amount Switching option.
- SMS alerts, Online a/c statement, online ePRAN card generation, online grievance lodging etc.